More than 4.5 billion people actively use the Internet, and 95% of purchases are expected to happen online by 2040. Because the Internet plays such a central role in people's daily lives and purchase decisions, digital marketing — a type of marketing that uses Internet-based technologies — is essential for today’s businesses. - WebFx
Every business is different. Therefore, before you can determine the most effective digital marketing channels for your business, here are some key factors to consider:
- What is your brand?
- What are your business goals?
- What are your marketing goals?
- Where is your target audience?
- What is your budget?
Digital Marketing Channels
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization
- SEM - Search Engine Marketing
- SMM - Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Affiliate marketing
1. SEO - Search Engine Optimization
- Organic Strategy
- SEO means search engine optimization. It’s the practice of increasing the search engine rankings of your web pages so that they appear higher in search results, bringing more traffic to your website.
- SEO can also stand for search engine optimizer. That’s a person who does search engine optimization.
- Search engine optimization efforts aim to increase organic traffic. That’s the traffic you get when visitors click a link in search results to get to your site.
- SERP - Search Engine Result Page
- Traffic = Profit
2. SEM - Search Engine Marketing
- Paid Strategy paid traffic, which comes from ads.
- PPC - Pay per Click
- CPC - Cost Per Click
3. SMM - Social Media Marketing
Both organic and paid Method
- Facebook Marketing
- YouTube Marketing
- Pinterest Marketing
- Twitter Marketing
- Instagram Marketing
- LinkedIn Marketing
Specially On Facebook
- 2.7 Billion Monthly Active User
- 35 Million User in Bangladesh
- Customer Loyalty & Brand Awareness
- Micro-Targeting Possible
- Your Content Could Go Viral
FB ADS vs Google Ads
Large amount of Users
YouTube Users, Gmail Users, Different website user connected to Google AdSense
Specific User Identity e.g. Designation, Age, Interest
Users interest based on search and Gender, Interest, internet surfing
Interest Based Targeting, Retargeting
Keyword based targeting, Interest based targeting, Retargeting
Placement targeting Not Possible
Possible to place ad in specific website e.g. BDnews24. Prothom-Alo
4. Content Marketing
Content marketing means marketing your business with content. It sounds deceptively simple, but there’s a lot to it.
- Social media posts
This content helps marketers:
- Attract a defined target audience
- Inform them about the business
- Engage and educate them
- Generate leads and sales
- Turn that audience into customers, fans, and advocates
5. Email Marketing
Highly effective digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers. Effective marketing emails convert prospects into customers, and turn one-time buyers into loyal, raving fans.
6. Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing focuses on marketing your products and services to influential people instead of the target market as a whole.
This differs from traditional marketing where you pay for ads and hope they’re enough to entice people to buy your product. Influencer marketing is entirely about leveraging the relationship that exists between an influencer and their followers. It’s all about social proof.
People Trust People- People just trust recommendations from other people.
- Link to You
- Write about You
- Contribute to Your Site, Social Media, or Event
- Promote You at an Event
- Share about You on Social Media
7. Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is giving customers a small commission on sales that come from their specific recommendation of your products.
on the other hand, Affiliate marketing is one of the most lucrative types of digital marketing. It involves a partnership with an online retailer (a person or business that sells goods to the public. Retail is the process of selling consumer goods or services to customers through multiple channels of distribution to earn a profit.) where you earn a commission from every sale or lead that you bring in.
The buyer’s journey has changed tremendously over the last decade. How and where we view information has become mainly digital. Traditional media, such as TV, print and radio, has slowly been on the decline. Non-traditional media, or digital media, has become a primary focus for marketers.
There are many reasons for this shift. Digital marketing helps businesses reach their target audience effectively and consistently. You can optimize a campaign to achieve success on a monthly, weekly and even daily level. This makes a digital campaign incredibly customizable and tailored to your business’s goals.
It also can help you evaluate changes to support campaign success. When working with a marketing partner that understands your brand, a business can reach their goals through a variety of different digital marketing solutions more effectively.